Every Friday I try to share five links with you that I encountered in the previous week. Some will be helpful, some will be funny, others just things that I found interesting. I hope you enjoy.
- Microsoft Releases IE9 – Microsoft released version 9 of the popular Internet Explorer browser. To be honest I try to use IE as little as possible but whenever a new version comes out I always update just for security purposes (for when I have to use it). I’m sure this release is full of cool features but don’t look here for reviews. If you are an IE user, you should update now.
- Mozilla Releases Firefox 4 – Another browser release. I’m a little more excited about this as FF is my default browser. There seems to be a lot of cool new features in addition to more security. I’m anxious to try out the tab groups feature.
- How to add Cufon to your Website – I talked about cufon in an earlier post. This tutorial helped me understand what it is and how it works.
- Chunk Five Roman ‘Cufonized’ – This site is where I got the script I needed to add special characters to my Chunk Five cufon font. From this link click on ‘Cufon Kit Download’ tab, select which character sets you want and click ‘Font Download as cufon. This will save the necessary .js file to your computer that you need to add to your site. Easy, peasy.
- Add Skills to your LinkedIn Profile – I got this link in a post on Mashable’s blog. It is a way to add skills to your LinkedIn profile. Type in a skill or certification in the search box. Once you find a skill you can click the ‘Add Skill’ to add that skill to your public profile. It also has a handy recommendations tool that shows you related skills that you might not have thought of. It will be interesting to track what SEO implications this might have.
What about you? See any good links this week?